This list is regularly updated! We have received an overwhelming amount of quality tools from the community, and we’re extremely grateful for the generosity of our donors!
We are always looking to expand our collection, especially tools from the list below. We gratefully accept working, gently-used tool donations at the tool library during regular hours or by arrangement. We also welcome supplies and “consumables” as listed below. Where noted we may have one or more in the inventory but there is more demand than availability.
Please contact us first before bringing in a large donation so we can make sure it’s a good fit for the space and our collection!
- Large bar or pipe clamps and quick-release clamps (have one pipe clamp)
- Double-Edge Saw (aka Japanese Hand Saw)
- Sledge hammer (have one)
- Locking pliers (e.g. Vise grip)
- Plumbing tools (Basin wrench, PO Plug wrench, PEX crimper)
- Battery tester (for household alkaline batteries, e.g. AA/AAA)
Power Tools (we prefer wired over battery tools!)
- Hammer drill
- Electric Nail gun/Brad Nailer (have one)
- Wet Saw (for tile cutting)
- Cutoff Saw (for metal)
- Joiner (have one)
- Soldering Iron (have two gun style soldering tools; would love a pen style tool)
- Multimeter (have one; would love more — newer versions, especially)
- Additional power tool batteries and chargers (Makita, DeWalt, Ryobi, Bosch)
Bike & Automotive/Mechanical Repair Tools
- Chain wrench
Household & Garden Tools
- Canning tools (we have one large canning kettle)
- Pressure canner
- Button maker machine
- Canvas stretching pliers
- Fruit tree ladder
- Fruit picking basket
- Portable wood-chipper
- Rug shampooer
- Pressure washer (have one — currently in maintenance)
- Extension cords (indoor-outdoor rated; multi-outlet reel extension)
- Drill bits (sets, packages, loose or specialized)
- Jigsaw blades (sets or packages)
- Reciprocating saw blades (sets or packages)
- Circular saw blades (all sizes)
- Cut off wheels for angle grinder (especially 4 1/2″)
- Sanding pads/paper/etc.
- Stanley and Arrow staple gun staples
- Safety equipment (glasses/goggles, gloves, ear protection, dust masks)
Please note that we cannot take every tool and we reserve the right to turn away, redistribute, or sell tools we cannot use, easily service/repair, or have space to store.
Not needed at this time:
- basic hand tools (standard screwdrivers, wrenches, sockets, Allan keys, hand saws)
- shop vacs
- pruning loppers
- power tools that are not working or that lack batteries and/or chargers
- tool belts, tool pouches, or tool bags (small tool boxes welcome!)
- sewing machines
We will consider larger shop tools for future expansion – these will be stored until such time as we can make use of them but please get in touch as these cannot be stored at the current library location.
Last update: 9April17